|The NordPac 2023 conference will be arranged in the heart of Norway, its capital Oslo. As the «newest capital of Nordic cool» (The Wall Street Journal), Oslo is one of Europe’s fastest-growing cities. Oslo is a green city with innovative architecture, museums, and neighbourhoods, as well as everything that moves on the food, fashion, art, and music scenes. Together with the region nearby, Oslo is also a centre for research & development and industrialization of electronics and microsystems. Travelling to and from Oslo is easy with flight/train connections to big cities in Europe, Asia, America as well as other tourist attractions in Norway. For more information about Oslo and other attractions in Norway, please visit www.visitoslo.com and www.visitnorway.com.|
|The conference venue is Oslo Science Park, in the heart of Oslo Science City – Norway’s First Innovation District. The Oslo Science Park is an arena for conferences, clusters and professional networks, and a meeting place for the established business sector, the research communities, capital and talents. Some 300 companies, many with global ambitions in ICT, biotechnology, health and medical technology, energy and the environment, are operative at the Oslo Science Park. Many vibrant communities and clusters are also located here, like Norway Health Tech, the health incubator Aleap, the lab-incubator for biotech startups: ShareLab and StartupLab with 80+ tech startups.|
NordPac 2023 suggests the hotels listed below. For booking and prices, please go to their website. If you have registered for the confernce, you will get a link to a special price that is valid till May 1st or while rooms are available.
St. Olavs Gate 31, 0166 Oslo
About 15-20 minutes from conference venue (combined walk and subway).
Thon Hotel Ullevål
Try the following hotel searches:
Map of NordPac 2023 locations
Below is a map with the relevant locations for the NordPac 2023 Conference. Here is some practical information:
- The easiest way to get around Oslo is by public transport. For tickets its best to use the Ruter-app available on ios and android.
- The conference venue is by the subway stations Forskningsparken and Blindern. Both are on lines 4 & 5 (west bound from the city center). Both lines go via the stations in the city center (Nationaltheatret, Majorsstuen, Jernbanetorget etc).
- Forskningsparken station is also accessible by trams 17 an 18 “Rikshospitalet”.
- The Conference dinner will be at Scandic Holmenkollen with a beatiful view of the Oslo fjord. To get there we will take Subway #1 to Holmenkollen, and then walk for about 10-15 minutes.
- We will organise a common transport after the conference on Tuesday, where we will walk from Oslo Science Park, to Gaustad Subway station and then take the subway from there.